Table of Contents
- What is XUMO?XUMO is your destination for free LIVE and on-demand streaming entertainment. With over 190 different channels to choose from, you won’t get bored. Tune in for newly launched music channels, breaking news, epic fails, stand up comedy, sports, news coverage, and more. Select channels as “Favorite” for an experience tailored to you. Share the latest from the guys at Funny or Die, gather ’round for this week’s Movie of the Week from our collection of FREE Movies, catch-up on full length seasons of TV shows like Roseanne, Hell’s Kitchen, Unsolved Mysteries, and more, or witness history being made during LIVE tournaments from the 2020 PGA TOUR Season. Stay up to date, but most of all, stay entertained with XUMO.
- Where is XUMO available?XUMO and XUMO-powered applications such as Channel Plus and LG Channels are available in the contiguous United States, Canada, France, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Brazil and Mexico.
Outside of the US, Channel Plus is available in Canada on LG smart TVs running webOS 3.5 (2017) or above. In the UK, EU, Brazil and Mexico, LG Channels is available for LG smart TVs running webOS 4.5 (2019) or above.
- What can I watch on XUMO?XUMO has over 190 channels for you to stream, including channels from popular digital and television networks such as ABC News Live, NBC News, HISTORY, PGA TOUR, FailArmy, NowThis, Pocket.Watch (EvanTube, anyone?!), Food52 and many more!
- Does XUMO require a subscription?All XUMO channels and XUMO-powered applications are completely free to watch and stream from any device.
- What devices is XUMO available on?You can watch XUMO on your Hisense, Sharp, Magnavox, Panasonic, Philips, Sanyo, or VIZIO smart TV, your Channel Plus or LG Channels enabled LG smart TV, your iPhone or iPad, your Android device, your Roku or your Amazon FireTV. You can also cast XUMO from your mobile devices to your TVs via AirPlay (AppleTV), Chromecast, Miracast or Screencast.
- What is the recommended internet speed to stream videos on XUMO (mbps)?We recommend a speed of 10 mbps for optimal streaming.
- Why does XUMO have commercials?XUMO has commercials so that we can keep our service available for free for viewers like you!
- How often are channels updated?Some channels are updated multiple times every day (like news), and others are updated less frequently; it all depends on how often our channel partners publish new content. You can be sure that the XUMO lineup will be updated as soon as new content is available, though!
- Does XUMO have live streams?Yes. Some channels, including ABC News Live and CBS News, have 24 hour live streams for you to enjoy. Others, like PeopleTV, feature select live events such as the Red Carpet at the Oscars.
- I create videos, how do I get my own channel?Email Our Partner Team so we can talk!
- How can I set parental controls on XUMO?Currently, this feature is unavailable. However, the XUMO product and engineering teams are working hard to add in new features, so check back frequently for updates.
- Are there any videos in other languages besides English?Yes. XUMO currently has a few channels that are primarily Spanish-speaking. For a look at these channels, this would be the best place to find out.
- I manufacture TVs or hardware devices, how can I integrate XUMO into my device?Email Our Partner Team so we can talk!
- What are “We Love” and “Everyone Loves” channels?“We Love” is a collection of content that we, the XUMO team, have noticed is trending or currently popular amongst all viewers. “Everyone Loves” is a collection of content that viewers like you watch frequently and enjoy.
- Can I create a playlist? Can I save videos to watch later? Can I watch XUMO channels offline?Unfortunately, these features are unavailable at the moment. However, the XUMO team is working hard to bring features like these to you soon!
- How do I get XUMO on my smart TV?If you have a VIZIO, Panasonic, Philips, Magnavox, Sanyo, Samsung, Hisense or Sharp smart TV, you can search for XUMO where you download your apps and install it from there. If you have an LG smart TV, you can visit the LG Content Store and search for Channel Plus or LG Channels.
- How do I cast XUMO from my mobile device?If you have a Chromecast-enabled or VIZIO SmartCast TV, you will see a ‘cast’ icon in the upper right-hand corner when accessing XUMO on your mobile device via our mobile app.
- How do I access the XUMO virtual input?[HISENSE] The XUMO virtual input will be available for 2017 Hisense smart TVs towards the end of 2017!
Channel Plus or LG Channels
- I'm seeing the following: error codes 9815, 9819, 8001 (network error) or blank or black screen when I try to make the small video fullscreen. What's the fix?Unfortunately, these are all symptoms of something malfunctioning with Channel Plus or LG Channels. To resolve, please follow these steps:
- Reset your Internet connection. Wait 60 seconds to turn it back on and check to make sure your smart TVs network connection has reconnected.
- Reset your country Settings. Go to your TV’s general location settings and select a country other than your own. Then, re-select your country and accept any terms & conditions that may pop up.
- Unplug and plug your TV back in. Physically unplug and plug your TV back in to give your TV and Channel Plus a hard power cycle.
If you are unable to fix the issue following the instructions above, please email us your Client ID with a description of what instructions you completed. Need help finding your alphanumeric Client ID? Here’s a 15 second video on how to find it in the Channel Plus settings on your LG smart TV.
- What is Channel Plus or LG Channels?Channel Plus and LG Channels are powered by XUMO. We bring the best streams from today’s digital publishers to your living room through Channel Plus or LG Channels built-in to your LG smart TV for free. Channel Plus is available as a free application on 2012-2015 LG smart TVs. The channel lineup is more limited due to the operating system of these TVs. The full channel lineup is available on 2016+ LG smart TVs in the US. LG Channels in France, Germany, Spain, UK, Italy, Brazil and Mexico, the channel list is more limited as we work to expand with localized channels. Check back for updates!
- How do I get to/connect to Channel Plus or LG Channels?First, make sure you have accepted each of the terms & conditions during the setup process of your LG smart TV. Then, visit the LG Content Store. Once there, search for ‘Channel Plus’ or ‘LG Channels’ and click install! If Channel Plus or LG Channels does not show up or work properly, please make sure your firmware is up to date by checking LG’s support page.
- How many channels are available and what can I watch on Channel Plus or LG Channels?There are over 190 channels now available for free on Channel Plus and LG Channels in the US! Check out the full lineup.
- How much does Channel Plus or LG Channels cost?Channel Plus and LG Channels are free.
- How do I find my Channel Plus or LG Channels Client ID?Here’s a 15 second video on how to find your alphanumeric Client ID in the settings on your LG smart TV.
- How do I add, remove or restrict a channel?You can adjust the controls for each channel by using the webOS channel manager.
- My TV is locked and I cannot access Channel Plus. What do I do?If your TV is asking for a PIN, enter 0000.
- How can I favorite channels?On the main page, press the Star Button to add a channel to your favorites list.
- I accidentally deactivated Channel Plus or LG Channels. How do I reactivate?Visit the LG Content Store, search for ‘Channel Plus’ or ‘LG Channels’ and click install!
- Is XUMO available for iOS and Android?Sure is! Please visit the App Store or Play Store to download XUMO for free.
- How do I make sure I have the latest version of the app?Check your app updates! If you still aren’t sure, visit your app store and check the description to make sure the app you have installed on your mobile device matches what you’re reading in the app store.
- Can I save the videos I want to watch again?Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available for our mobile app. We are working on it, though!
- How can I favorite channels?Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available for our mobile app. We are working on it, though!
- How do I make the videos fullscreen?You can press the expander icon in the upper right-hand corner to make the video go fullscreen. Or, if you have portrait mode unlocked on your phone, you can just turn your phone landscape and voi-la – fullscreen.
- Can I still watch videos with sound while my phone is muted?Yes! All videos will be muted when you launch XUMO unless you have your volume turned on. This is to limit disruptions to your surroundings (and not scare you).
- When and where will this service be available?It will be available first in the US. Eligible TV models and launch timing to be announced.
- How many channels are available in this service?Viewers can enjoy more than 190 free streaming channels. If you need more details around which channels are available, please see our available channels list.
- Does this streaming service know which channels or videos I will be watching?Sony does not collect any viewing data about streaming channels. The service provider (XUMO) may collect some data about viewing. To learn more about what is collected, please fill in this form.
- Can I delete my viewing history?Sony does not collect any viewing data about streaming channels. The service provider (XUMO) may collect some data about viewing. To learn more about what is collected, please fill in this form.
- What does the service provider (XUMO) do with my viewing data?Sony does not collect any viewing data about streaming channels. The service provider (XUMO) may collect some data about viewing. To learn more about what is collected, please fill in this form.