French version coming soon. Last Updated Date: March 19, 2020
a. Essential cookiesEssential cookies help make the XUMO Platform work by enabling basic functions required to navigate the website, access secure areas, authenticate your use of the service, and use contact forms. This type of cookie cannot be disabled. You can set your browser to block or alert you to them, but if you block their use some parts of the XUMO Platform will not work.
b. Session cookiesSession cookies allow the XUMO Platform to link your actions during a particular browser session. These cookies expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
c. Persistent cookiesPersistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions. They are used to remember your preferences or actions across XUMO Platforms, such as programming you have viewed when browsing the XUMO Platform. These cookies remain on your device until they expire or you deactivate your XUMO service.
d. Performance cookiesPerformance cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of the XUMO Platform. They help us know which channels are the most and least popular, and show us how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous and used only to improve how the XUMO Platform works. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited XUMO Platform and will not be able to monitor their performance.
e. Targeting cookiesTargeting cookies may be sent through the XUMO Platform by our advertising partners, to help them build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on XUMO and on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will still see advertisements but they will not be tailored to your interests.
4. What are Tracking Pixels?In addition to the five types of cookies described above, the XUMO Platform uses tracking pixels to monitor the effectiveness of various elements of the XUMO Platform (including advertising elements) for our connected device apps. Tracking pixels are very small 1×1 pixel images integrated into the code of the XUMO Platform. When you visit the XUMO Platform, tracking pixels send a limited amount of information to the pixel server. This information is used only for statistical purposes in relation to (i) the number of different users of the XUMO Platform; (ii) the number and type of pages visited; and (iii) the effectiveness of advertising strategies. The information collected may include, for example, programming viewed, dates viewed, your browser language, your IP address and your location data (for example, country of residency).
6. How do I Manage Cookies and Tracking Pixels?
b. Adjusting your settings on different browsersCookie management varies from browser to browser. Use your browser’s help menu to find out how to adjust your cookie settings, or click on the relevant link below:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Firefox